Rodenbach Flemish Sour ale is a beer with an oak-aged character like wine, but has the appeal of a Belgian Sour beer. If you like sour ales, then you have got to try this one!
This Flemish sour ale is a fabulous blended beer, a marriage of both fresh and aged ale. In fact the secret to its wine-like character is in this “blend”; 75% of Rodenbach Flemish Sour is fresh brew but the other 25% is from the same recipe but aged in oak vats. Swirl this brew in a beer glass and enjoy the brown-red color and the smells of balsamic vinegar, some brown sugar and yes, aromas of delicious fruits like fig and raisins are also in there.
So how does it taste? It’s a Sour Ale so, yes … it’s sour! But it’s not overwhelming. This is a great beer for those who are have just ventured into the world of Belgian Sours. The combination of the “young and the old” ales is brilliant and makes this beer so drinkable you’re going to be hooked from your very first sour sip. The carbonation of this beer is medium to low and with the easy 5.1% ABV this is, no doubt, a great session beer.
Buy this beer now from the best online beer store around. Yes, this is an expensive beer but it is totally worth it. Don’t be cheap … just by some already, and enjoy it!